Friday, July 4, 2008

Freebies Galore

Red Van

The wind was brewing, the temperature was dropping and the red van was calling. The scene was in CBD, mins after we parked our scooter.


Free Ice-Cream

We spotted a line of humans, waiting patiently in front of a Red Van, parked inside a shopping centre. A brief observation affirmed that Virgin Mobile were giving away free Ice-Creams.


Vanilla Flavour

Being chinese, of course we lined up to get our share. What's not to like about free stuff? A brief 5 mins later, the GF had the vanilla and I opted for the strawberry flavour.


Strawberry Flavour

Little did we know, our decision to get the ice-creams and consume them in winter was fully regretted just moments later. haha.

Our hands were freezing and shaking so violently that I couldn't reach into my pants to get the camera to take the video. It was horrifying but we finished the ice-cream nonetheless, talk about commitment. ;p


A queue

This was last weekend while we were strolling along World Square, one of the shopping centres in Chinatown. We spotted a queue in the main shopping area and decided to check it out because ... "Where there's a queue, there's free stuff".


Free Coffee

They're giving out free coffee, so I promptly joined the queue. The GF can't drink coffee so this one's all for me.


Check out the menu

They have different types of coffee listed on their signboard. I'm unsure if this is the opening of a new coffee place or they're just advertising for Nestle.


Different pockets of caffeine

When I reached the counter, I was supposed to select the coffee sachets from one of the pockets. But alas there was only "cappucino" left.

The pair at the counter would then mix it up with hot water and pour it in a cup for us to savour. A lot of people would hand 1 sachet to the pair, and put another 5 sachets into their pockets, no wonder finish so fast.


My caffiene fix

Well at least I've got my cup of cappucino, topped with chocolate topping.

Coffee in winter makes a happy man. ;p


Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: