Friday, July 25, 2008

Daniel's Last Day


My colleague, Daniel tendered his resignation 2 days ago and my manager sent out an email stating his last day to be 22nd August 2008.

At 3:00 pm yesterday (24/7/08), the manager and the boss's 2nd son (he's stationed in Syd in another division) came down and instructed Daniel to pack his belongings and leave the company asap. There were rumours that my boss (in melbourne) is going to sue Daniel.

Today I found out the truth. Apparently Daniel is going to another company (not competitor but related) for $20,000 PA wage increment. (that's a fucking lot!) My boss figured that Daniel is going to steal confidential information and bring it over.

  1. If Daniel wants to bring information over, he would have done it way before he resigned.
  2. Its a very unprofessional thing to ask your staff to leave ASAP. Unless he has committed a hedious crime.
  3. It is very demoralizing for the rest of us. To think that when and if we resign in the future, we would not be appreciated for the job that we had done while we were here, but will be condoned to hell.

And to make matters worst, the boss's 1st son (more strict) will be transferred from Melbourne to Sydney and will join my division. There will definitely be some major changes around the office.

I think it's time to find another job. ;o(

No comments: