Saturday, April 19, 2008

Wah lau, "Top of the M" ?

Yesterday I received this sms from my sister.

For the love of god, what is "top of the M?"

Having previously resided in Singapore I had gotten used to their regular usage of acronyms.

East Coast Parkway = ECP
Ayer Rajah Expressway = AYE
Pan Island Expressway = PIE

Electronic Road Pricing = ERP

Singapore Bus Services = SBS

Singapore Airlines = SIA or more commonly known as SQ

Sarong Party Girl = SPG

To those who needs the definition of Sarong Party Girl.

Apparently "top of the M" is Singapore's first revolving restaurant which opened its doors in 1973 on the 39th floor of the Meritus Mandarin Hotel. MM Hotel = Top of the M. Who was the creative genius who came up with that?

Well I guess after leaving Singapore, a part of my acronym vocabulary was left behind as well.

Now .... what does this mean?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As i've found out moments later, 'Top of The M' has became 'No More Existing'.
hahahaha