Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fruits of passion....


This is a Passion Fruit. I've heard of it but never had the chance to savour one.

Apparently its in season now and I finally bought one for $2, for curiousity's sake.

Yeah I'm a miser who'll not buy expensive fruits. Fruits are supposed to aid the digestion of my stomach, not my wallet.


Lo and Behold.

One taste to the lips and my face squirmed in anguish. It was sour as hell, with tiny seeds all around. I'm not sure if the seeds are edible, but its too troublesome to spit out the seeds. So I've stomached them.

The question remains, why name such a sour fruit = Passion Fruit ?

Passion is supposed to be sweet, or even hot in some context. But sour? I do remember 愛情果 from Cameron Highlands that's bitter outside and sweet on the inside.

Maybe the initial taste is sour but the after taste is sweet? If that's the case I'm still waiting cause it has been 2 weeks since I've had it.

No comments: