Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Royal Sydney Easter Show 2008

It was held at the Sydney Olympic Park and over 90,000 visitors were expected to attend.

We bought our tickets online at 10% discount for $28.80, quite a steal since its inclusive of bus & train fares.

I recall sighting skinny, malnourished cows in Malaysia, and couldn't believe my eyes at the size of Australian cows. (huge as a horse) Either the breders here are exceptionally good at what they do, or their counterparts in Malaysia are undermining the importance of cattle feed in exchange for increased profit.

The show of the Sheep Dog was very entertaining. Its astonishing how a tiny canine could herd up a pack of sheeps, who could trample and crush the tiny fellow if they so wish.

Who's prettier?

The "nipple" of the cow is all wrinkled up and ejaculates white liquid, much like a *ahem* certain male anatomy.

There were an alarmingly large quantity of weirdo animals, which would possibly be mistaken as alien invaders in some countries.

Makes one wonder if they cross-bred these strange animals on purpose?

I still don't believe pigeons come in so many shades of colours, someone must had painted them the night before.


I really enjoyed the cat and dog show. Dogs here in Australia are totally unlike what I'm used to in Malaysia. I'm not only talking about the absence of barking, they were so obedient and just sat on their spots while they were groomed for lengthy periods of time, with hair spray no less.

I guess some people prefer the unconventional dogs. I call this the Jamaican-Voodoo-Mop Dog. Seriously whoever deems this dog cute and cuddly should go get their heads checked at Taman Sentosa.

The show was created mainly for families to spend time with their kids, while showcasing the farm animals, fruits and sights one wouldn't normally observe in metropolitan Sydney.

I truly enjoyed myself and give it a 3 thumbs up!

3 comments:

eDdie said...

interesting! I wish christchurch is THAT happening! *wail*

YL said...

EEEee! Did I see black-headed sheeep??!!!
=DDDDDDDDD

stakhui said...

YL: I took that photo just for you. lol