Sunday, April 13, 2008

That doggie by the window

Yesterday we went down to town for some retail therapy. Well actually it was just The Mrs and the housemate, I was just the kuli.

We were at the bus stop and saw the ohmygodfucking cutest dog ever. It was a mid-grown Maltese.
Maltese I am

The owner was a young 20ish kinda handsome medium built guy who looks too macho to own such a cuty-pie doggie. He went to the Bubble Tea shop and waited while they processed his order. Initially we didn't pay much attention to Salem (I'm unaware of its actual name, so I'll call him Salem). It was just a small cute doggie, big deal.

As Mr. Salem Owner patiently waited for his drinks, Salem made his rounds around the other customers' legs. At times it would look up frantically in search for its owner. Being such a tiny dog it could only reach our knees at most, even at full stretch.

I peeped at my watch, "Damn buses" and continued our wait while occasionally eyeing Salem. Then it happened! Just as Salem found its owner, it did a trick that was so motherfuckingcutecandiedotcom. It stopped at its owner's feet, sat down, put its front paws firmly on the ground, and used its front paws to drag/slide itself to the front - TWICE!. Then it sat up and nonchalantly made its round across the room again.

I couldn't really believed my eyes. Are dogs that clever to be taught this kinda high-tech tricks? But I tell you this Salem was such a suspence builder. As my eyes followed its every move, in eager anticipation for its cool slide trick. It went around customers' legs sniffing and wagged its cute tail without any hint of the previous trick ever happening.

Just as I shifted my attention elsewhere, Salem did the trick again. By then some of the other customers had noticed and were applauding Salem for its nifty trick. Its like a skiing motion with your hands while sitting down.

After a few more presentations, Mr. Salem Owner's drink was finally ready and he hastily whistled to Salem that its time to go. I bet he must be jealous to have cute girls showering affection to Salem instead of him. Just as Salem was stepping into the car, I caught its eyes and it twinkled for a moment, it must had enjoyed its moment in the sun.

I looked at the date "12th April 2008", I should have gotten the Jap Spitz Puppy today. I wonder if it would grow up as cute as Salem.

2 comments:

eDdie said...

I think dogs are just like children. If you talk and be patient with them, they will amazed you. =)

stakhui said...

Eddie: I know dogs are intellegent creatures but to perform a nifty trick like that totally blew me away. Makes me wanna get a dog and teach it to answer the phone when I'm out. ;P