Thursday, May 15, 2008

BBQ JB Hifi

Few weeks back I was requested to assist in a BBQ function at my workplace. I was promised OT pay but I have yet to receive this month's pay. Call me materialistic but limpeh don't work for free ok?


Arrival of guests


I have been inaugurated the title of "BBQ Man" at work. That happened after a few shifts handling the BBQ pit during functions. They claimed that I make awesome food .... I claim they're just lazy to cook.


Welcome drinks


Despite raining cats and dogs for the past 2 weeks, we were lucky the weather held out for us. It was cool and windy, just the appropriate weather for a nice bbq.


Presentation


The aim of this function is to introduce our new products to an electronics retail chain called JB Hifi. We supply products such as MP3 players, cameras and other electronic gadgets to them.


One of our products

2 chefs at work

Hard at work

With a German beer in hand

Guests gulping down food


After the presentation, the hungry guests stormed out like piranhas attacking its prey. There was pork, lamb, chicken, salad and pasta for their selection.


Food spread


In an instance, the food on the table ended up in their stomachs. Well there weren't really a lot of food to start with. But I did have a nibble and a bite here and there while I was working the pit. :P If anyone questioned my actions, I'd tell them, "I'm testing the food for poison."


Great Environment


After a hard day's work, it was fun to kick back, relax and just enjoy the moment.


Disclaimer (Update) :

The "BBQ Man" was paid a measly $65 for 4 hours of hard work .... Well as the saying goes, better than nothing. *wink*



Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: