Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I = Singaporean


Just the other night, I was talking to an Angmoh, who was dining with his 2 sweet & cuddly little daughters. We chatted casually and then he asked me, "Are you from Singapore?"

I was stunned for a brief moment.

He continued, "Well your Engrish is like Singlish."

I replied, "Yesh I am. Why you have really good observation skills."

He said, "Well my wife used to work there for 8 years. Singlish is different from Manglish. It sounds more England (English)."




LESSON LEARNT:

The reasons why I admitted to being a Singaporean:

  1. Singaporeans = high class.
  2. Their money is bigger.
  3. MRT is longer and more efficient than our LRT.
  4. Their gahmen don't discriminate against Chinese.
  5. Their passport last 10 years.
  6. Their gahmen don't simply give suprise. (Like sudden 0.78 petrol increase)
  7. Can visit Israel.
  8. Singaporean guy = more engtao. (So if "I = Singaporean guy" & "Singaporean guy = more engtao", then "I = more engtao")


The only thing I bueh tahan about Singapore is everything's so straight and orderly. (and hard to find pirated dvd)

Should I get a Singapore passport?



No comments: