Monday, August 25, 2008

I Killed Someone


I had a dream the other night. Which was weird cause I'm not much of a dreamer, except when I day-dream at work. The thing about my dreams is that, no matter how vivid/lurid the dream may be, I can only remember fractions of it after I'm awake.

In this particular dream .... I killed someone. As it turns out, I don't know this person. But what I did do, is chuck him into the car boot discreetly before anyone found out. Then I went to work, and parked the car .... in the car park (obviously).

When it was time to go home, I went to the spot that I left my car at this morning and find that it's no longer there. And then I woke up.

Not much of a dream, I know. But this isn't the 1st time I've dreamt of killing someone. It isn't always the same settings, nor the same victims, but these dreams all had a common ending.

Unfazed, I searched the www and found this:


********************************

being killed
  • The idea that some person or situation is attempting to take power from you or victimize you, especially mentally or emotionally. For example, dreaming that a co-worker kills you may represent when she got assigned the project you wanted last week, and you're blaming her for your not getting that opportunity.
  • A fear of ill will, being taken advantage of, manipulation, or victimization
See also: killing being attacked menacing executing killer jumping coffin death of you missing person violence lose your life force dying executing hunting being shot weapon or ammunition Category: Events
killing

Killing or wanting to kill often represents a desire for power or control, often based in feelings of powerlessness. Killing someone can mean:

  • You'd like to take power from whomever or whatever that person represents in your real life, perhaps so you can feel less powerless
  • You are angry at them in real life
  • You're feeling unwilling to deal with the problems or hassles you feel they cause you

Killing someone in self defense can mean you're feeling attacked somehow (mentally, emotionally, physically) or that you need to defend yourself or stand up for yourself somehow.

Killing someone accidentally can mean you're afraid you'll accidentally hurt that person, that something you do may be detrimental to them somehow, or that your subconscious mind is thinking things through to make sure this doesn't happen.

See also: being killed attacking someone executing killer violence executing being chased hunting weapon or ammunition Category: Activities
unknown person

A person you don't know can represent many things, such as:

  • A real person you actually know, or a particular person's role in your life
  • A characteristic or general type of person
  • A type of person you'd like (or wouldn't like) to know
  • A general threat or fear (not a person)
  • A problem, challenge, issue, to-do list item, etc.
  • A religious figure or helper

For clues about what the person represents, consider their characteristics, what they're doing and how, what stands out about them, and your emotional reaction to their presence.


********************************

I think my dreams are listed under "killing some accidentally" OR "unknown person". I seriously can't conjure any memories about being afraid that I'll hurt someone. So its probably an unsolved problem/issue/to-do list that's nagging my conscience.

The only thing left to do now, is to figure out what is it.

I bet it has something to do with the wedding planning. Or the multiple things to accomplish in my Nokia N73 to-do list, which I scan through 4-5 times daily. I have a constant phobia that I'll forget to do something, and the wife will get upset. Because many a times I've forgotten to do certain tasks eventhough I had been reminded by her millions of times.

I know its my fault, for having poor memory. (or I could blame my mum for not serving me pig's brain soup as a kid) But I think it has improved, maybe .... just a little. But I'm still constantly checking my phone, lest I forget .... hence the dream.

Just maybe.



Technorati Tags:

No comments: