Friday, August 8, 2008

8th August 2008 (8-8-8)


Today is the 8th day of the 8th month of the 8th year. Needless to say it's an auspicious date for us chinese. That's why me and the GF have decided to sign on the dotted line today. Feeling slightly nervous at the moment.

Things yet to be done:

  1. Call Roy to make sure he's at airport 8.30
  2. Call YM to tell hertz location 9.00
  3. Get car at 4.00
  4. Call celebrant to cfm time.
  5. Prepare decos and stuff.

**************************

Year 20XX:

And they called it puppy love

It was slightly chilly, I saw her at the veranda, alone. Finally here's my chance. This is the only time I've seen her alone during the entire trip. Fuck it its now or never. I grabed my balls and walked over. Made some small talk and asked her .... to be my gf. She accepted ... 3 days later.

Fast forward, we're at a beach (bintan to be exact). Having a romantic candlelight dinner at a seaside restaurant. Feeling the breeze passing through our hair while enjoying the food. I had sneaked in a ring and prepared flowers to be ready.


Candlelights and champagne go together

After the meal, the waiter (my accomplice) brought in the flowers and passed it to the GF. She was suprised, turned over and saw me on bended knees, with a ring in my hand. "Will you marry me?" the words stuttered out of my mouth. She accepted ... 3 secs later.

**************************

Our initial plan was to sign during the wedding reception next year. But priest says must be in church. JPN guys must be in office. The association uncle must sign at the association. How f**ked up is that?

So what the hell, since having an overseas marriage cert is a rare commodity we must as well sign here. ;o)

I've always felt that "the one" phrase is so passé. Until I met her. She's almost everything I want in a wife and a mother to my children. Notice how I sneaked in the word almost?

But yeah I believe she's "the one" for me. Despite the occassional nagging and the pin-pointing of my butterfingers fault. We cried, we laughed, we jumped and most importantly, we were madly in love.


I will carry you for the rest of your life


XOXO - love you lots ....


Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: