Friday, September 12, 2008

Lame Jokes part 1


My colleague Nigel has a weird sense of humour. Weird, because I think so .... sense of humour, because he imagines he has one. (imo non-existent)

I've told the wife a couple of times about his miserable attempts to crack a joke, but had always been left dumb-struck when she asked me for examples and I can't remember any. (Mainly because of my poor memory + some things are better left forgotten)

So during Nigel's latest attempt, I promptly turned on the computer and scribbled it down.

**************

He was having a mandarin orange, so I asked him, is it sweet?

He replied, "No, it's sour. Do you want one?"

"No! I don't want sour mandarins."

Then he throws his arms up in the air and exclaims, "No one likes sour mandarins anymore, what's the world coming to?" (with a grin on his face, starring at you)

Normally I wouldn't give a damn. But he keeps starring at me, grinning and waiting ... for me to LOL at his joke. I swear I could hear the crows going "croak croak croak"

I mustered all my energy and coerced myself into a tiny grin and 2 soft whispers of "hehe"

(the type that we normally reserve for parents that ill treat/thrash us, but we can't fight back cause we're still young and need to rely on them for food/accomodation but yet deep down we know that once we can survive on our own we'll take the giant chopper from the kitched and cut open their skulls and pull their brains out. Yeah, that's for forcing us to smile at that feeble attempt of a joke)



No comments: